For many years, Guy and Heidi Burgess have organized a series of projects dealing with difficult, intractable conflicts, and they developed an incredibly rich website of resources.
They recently collected the following series of statements about conflict and the coronavirus, including the following. Here’s a list of the statements with links to each one. They are on the same webpage, so if you want to read them all, start with the first one and keep going.
Take a look.
- Guy and Heidi Burgess: The Original Coronavirus/CCI Idea and Convergence Around a “Crossroads”
- Guy and Heidi Burgess: The Pandemic as a “Never Again” Moment
- Cynthia Cohen: Artists Can Help Us Frame Our Coronavirus Narrative
- Bruce Dayton: We’re at a Crossroads between Tribalism and a New Supra-Ordinate Identity
- John Paul Lederach: We Need Moral Imagination to Respond to Covid-19
- Shannon Kupersmith: We are at a complicated intersection with lots of roads. What if we use this opportunity to move forward in a better direction?
- Alan Yarborough / Steven Paulikas: Another “Independent” Reflection on the Choice Ahead of Us
- John Lande: The Crisis-New-Normal (CNN) and the Normal-New-Normal (NNN)
- Lou Kriesberg: On Taking Action