From TFOI Brian Jarrett:
You are invited to our 11th Annual International Cyber-Conference on Dispute Resolution, Wed. April 7 @ Noon-2:30 pm (US Pacific Coast Time). Please invite your students, colleagues, and community members to participate in this international event.
Each year, the Cyber-conference has promoted a global town-hall style dialogue between students, professors, mediators, arbitrators, Indigenous Peacemakers, scholars, lawyers, judges, law-makers, teachers, community leaders, and restorative practitioners in both the public and private sector. The conference supports the work of those building safer and healthier communities all over the world.
This year our theme is “Working Together to Build Common Ground: Moving Beyond the Echo Chambers”.
Once again, we have invited a number of renowned practitioners with whom we encourage students, faculty, practitioners, and others to engage in a hearty discussion.
After a brief introduction from our Steering Committee, we will open the discussion up to our speakers who include:
- Lorenn Walker, Restorative Practitioner and Professor University of Hawaii
- Harold Gatensby, Community Leader and Circle Peace-maker, Tlingit First Nation, Raven Clan, Yukon, Canada
- Mahmoud Khalili, Researcher and Practitioner Madrid’s Bircham International University
- John Couper, Conflict Resolution Consultant in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Tanzania, & Kyrgyzstan
- Renata Valree, Former President of the National Association for Community Mediation, NCRP Professor, CSUDH, & Days-of-Dialogue Facilitator
- Gerson (“Jay”) Damiani, Director, Global Center for Peace Studies, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Take a look at the conference poster.
See you at our 11th Annual International Cyber-conference on Dispute Resolution!
Onward and upward!
Dr. Brian Jarrett, JD., LL.M., Ph.D.
Negotiation, Conflict Resolution, & Peacebuilding Program
California State University Dominguez Hills